Boneville



So it probably will sound a little childish to admit this but I love Bone. What is Bone? It's a wonderful comic book from writer and artist Jeff Smith (yup that's his real name) about three cousins who get chased out of their homes from Boneville and get lost in the forest. This leads them to a small village and a lot of crazy adventures.

I discovered this book when I was in college, and even though it's sort of gear toward kids, I immediatly fell in love with the story telling as well as the art. And like most great books for kids, it works on many levels, so even though it seem childish I think alot of adults would enjoy it as well.

The book was published for almost ten years and I think there was around 60 issues in total. But Mr Smith manage to craft a story as rich as any of the Lord of The Rings novels, and did it using only black and white artwork.

I guess what inspired me about this was the simplicty of artwork, the hurmor and the sense of adventure that came out of this one little comic. Anyhow, if your interested I suggest picking up the complete Bone off Amazon. It's about 40 dollars and contains the intire story in 400 pages.

Comments