The Atomic Age

I wasn't born until the seventies, so I missed out on all those cool education films that they used to force kids in public school to watch in the 50's and 60's. I remember seeing filmstrips in high school on the demons of doing drugs and driving, but none had the charm of an 50's "duck and cover" in case of an atomic bomb cold war feeling.

Anyhow if your like me and live for the good days of bad proganda films then you will really love the Prelinger Archives. A collection of thousands of education films on ever conceivable topic hosted over at www.archive.org. Some of my favorites include the dangers of not "Washing Your Hands", "Bicycle Safty" and of course "How to be Popular".

Since this blog is suppose to be about inspiration, let me talk about something else I find cool about these movies and that's the design. Specifically the graphics design in the titles and in the case of the clip I posted below the animation. As you can tell from other posts I love this look and although I don't know what you would call it, it reminds me of the cartoons I grew up on. Back when most animation was still hand drawn and down here and not over seas.









Comments