Metal Gear Solid 4

So since I started this blog because I'm taking a 3D Animation class, I wanted to talk about something that got me interested in 3D-- video games. Yes like millions of young men and woman I love video games. I guess it goes back to childhood for me, but now I'm in my 30's and when I'm looking for a way to relax and have a bit of fun I instantly turn to my XBOX 360. Now I'm not what you call a hard core gamer, but I do own at least three different game consoles and I've lost count of how many games I actually own.

One of my favorite games of all time is Metal Gear Solid. I won't even attempt to go into why this game rules, enough people have done that already. But I did want to talk a little about this trailer for the new game coming this year. MGS4 is the long awaited sequel and picks up in the future. This trailer debut sometime last year and blew me instantly away.

I loved the look and style of the game. The gritty realism mixed with the sci-fi tactical stuff is very cool. A couple of things I noticed about this trailer where the muted colors and smoke effects, both make it seem very authentic to me. Plus I like the way sound is used here especially in the first person views.



Comments