The Simpson Movie 2D or 3D



Just watched the Simpsons movie last night. I hadn't been avoiding it, I just missed it when it was in the theaters (last summer?). Anyhow, it's actually good that I didn't see it until now, because of the fact that I have been studying Maya.

So the thing that struck me about the film was that so many of the set pieces and all the vehicles where 3D. It actually worked really well. The characters looked 2D but then most of the buildings and cars and stuff where (what looked liked) 3D models with a toon shader on them. It was a very cool effect and really gave the film a very cinematic quality that would have been missing if they did the film exactly like the TV show.

Other then that, I really liked the film. It was very funny, and I think more in tone to what I liked about the early shows, while at the same time still feeling like today's Simpsons.

I recommend.

Comments