A sketch a day

So while I'm sitting here waiting for my video to render I thought I would update my blog. The past few weeks have been nuts. I haven't started my animation classes yet, but I've been trying to prepare in my free time by sharping up my drawing skills.

I know a lot of animation students make it a point to do one sketch a day. I'm hoping to get up to that speed. Right now I'm lucky if I do one sketch a week. But I am taking a drawing class on Saturday mornings. I think the hardest part for me is freeing myself up enough. It seems like when I sit down to draw I feel like whatever I'm doing is someone how wrong. I guess that's because when I was a little and drew all the time, I had no idea if it was bad or good. Now I look at what I do and think it looks like crap. Right now my favorite artist is Jack Kirby. I've been reading the Essential Fantastic Four and I can't believe how amazing the art is. I wish I could draw hands the way Kirby did.

The say it's practice, so maybe I'd feel better if I just could spend more time to draw. I guess this means giving up playing XBOX, but come on Gears Of War is pretty damn cool.

Comments