Class 2 - Here I Go

Well it's only been a few days since class one ended and here we are starting class two. This second class is called "Psychology Of Body Mechanics". It's about the real world physics involved with the human body, or at least that's what I can tell so far.

I think last semester taught me a lot, but I could have gotten more out of it. The hardest part for me is that I have a really hard time balancing work, school and my life. I think I could have worked harder on some shots, but of course this is why I'm in school.

Anyhow, "Basic Foundations" was great and my mentor Anthony Wong was awesome. I mean it's pretty damn cool, when your learning Animation for the first time and your teacher is an animator at Pixar. I mean it's like your taking up golf and Tiger Woods coach wants to give you lessons. Or least that's how it felt.

Okay, enough of that. This semester my goal is to give it my best effort and to try and nail down the 12 Principals of Animation.

1) Timing
2) Squash & Stretch
3) Ease In / Ease Out
4) Anticipation
5) Fallow Through / Overlap
6) Arcs
7) Straight Ahead / Pose To Pose
8) Solid Posing
9) Secondary Action
10) Staging
11) Exaggeration
12) Appeal

Okay, class starts in 45 mins. Wish me luck.

Comments