Time Off



Well, it's the beginning of October and I'm happy to say that I really miss AM, but I'm glad I'm taking this term off. Animation Mentor is a boot camp and it's hard work, and there is so much to learn that I felt I needed a breather so I could just go back and review everything I've covered up until now. Plus, I was feeling burnt out, and let's be honest, it's rare that people produce their best work when they are feeling run down.

But I'm happy to report that I've been keeping super busy, studying and plan to start a new test shot this week. I think I'd like to try the classic Scooby Doo sneak with the Stewie Rig! Anyhow, I'll post my thumbnails drawings this weekend once I've finished my planning.

One of the things I'm doing by the way is rereading Richard William's fantastic book, The Animator's Survival guide. It really is an amazing book, and it feels like I learning a lot this second time through. But as one of my mentor's said in class, read that book, then reread that book and then reread it again. You'll learn something new each time. I agree, and so far he's right.

Comments

Ty Carrick said…
I will keep my eyes open for your planning! Remember to keep it simple! :)