Need Inspiration .. try your local Comic Book Shop




Well the good news is I have finally finished Animation Mentor and I will be attending graduation this July. I'm pretty excited but as you can imagine freaked out now that its over. The past couple of weeks I've been working on polishing up the shots on my reel, because I'm dying to start on some new ones.

So now comes the hard part. How do I keep the momentum going while I continue to work at my day job and sharpen my skills.

Anyhow, Thursday I left work and I was feeling a bit drained and I needed some inspiration. So after thinking about it some, I decided to check out DJ's Comics and Cards in North Haven, not far from my house. It's your typical comic book shop and over the years I've dropped a few dollars there from time to time. But there's something about roaming around a place like that filled from floor to ceiling with new and old comic books that brings me back to what excites me the most. Great stories, awesome characters and amazing artwork. It's a simple combination but no matter how old I get, it still works for me.

Now if the comic book publishers would just figure out a way to bring down the costs of new books.

So what's my point. I guess I just wanted to share that. It's a nice feeling and I guess I'm sort of leaving a note to myself to remember it next time I forgot, and I need some inspiration.

Comments