You should spend more time doodling





I'm hoping to start posting more of my drawings and doodles. Doodles are something I've always done in notebooks when bored, first when I was in school and now-a-days mostly in meetings.

I've found over the years there are usually themes. Like in high school I used to draw a lot of cars and vans and Batman. These days I draw something look more like patterns on a page. They look like boxes that I'm trying to color in.

I remember my Grandmother doing this as well while she was on the phone. She would sit and talk with one of those big old fashion phones with the long curly cord that people would cradle in their neck while walking around the kitchen cooking or doing the dishes. But instead of doing that, she would doodle patterns into notebooks or on the backs of magazines. It seems a little strange now, but as a little kid it seems cool.

So the point is doodling is cool. It's a way to use another part of your brain while your bored. I think it's also a fun way to late your imagination run wild and explore which is usually a good thing. At least I would guess it's a good thing.

Comments